Thu, Jan 18|
Speakeasy | Science & Spirituality
Bringing back real af conversations between people that want to be real af. Dropping a saucy topic twice monthly with people globally!
Time & Location
Jan 18, 2024, 4:00 PM – 5:20 PM MST
About the event
🖋️ Let’s delve deep into the dynamic interplay between two seemingly distinct worlds 👀 With curiosity, we’ll navigate the questions that have intrigued thinkers and seekers throughout history. Is there a common ground where science and spirituality can meet, or are they destined to remain separate domains? Let's examine this with an open heart and an inquiring mind.
Whether you're a scientist, a spiritual practitioner, or someone simply curious about the universe and our place in it, let’s see what we can discern. The aim is to create a space where diverse perspectives can flourish, and together, we can explore this intriguing intersection with respect, curiosity, and a thirst for knowledge.
The Speakeasy is a space to engage in the work of knowledge; it consists of asking the unasked question, holding space for diverse dialogue on issues of substance, and leaning into curiousity. The Speakeasy series:
- Donation based
- Up to 1.5H; dependent on vibe of conversation
- Facilitated by those that can hold space
- Breakout rooms of up to 5 humans [if there are 8+ attendees]
- ❇️ Bonus for continued connection
These sessions are for any human that wants to bring connection, satisfaction, and honesty back to their lives, relationships, communities, teams, and/or groups. These are spaces for people to delve into their own beliefs, stories, and understandings whilst in the company of others, globally, that want to elevate every slice of their life pie. With this in mind, it's vital that you if you register 1. please acutally join and 2. aim to join within the first 8mins. of the start time to maintain a level of safety virtually.
The primary facilitator, Victoria Cumberbatch, has a penchant for Jeffersonian style conversations and this isn't the first iteration of her giving this a shot. She created a multi season web series based on the same premise, albeit it was filmed and in person. After C19 + van life + moving to Denver whereupon she knew no one, she chose to recreate an old goodie, but virtually. If you find yourself in this space and enjoyment/thrill/connection from it, please consider sharing with whomever would love something like this.
Subscribe to the newsletter to stay up to date on upcoming events!
Topics we've covered:
- Living a rich [and juicy] life
- Culture and You
- The Wheel of Life
- Impact of Art
- Art of Powerful Questions
1. Embrace Curiosity & Ask Unasked Questions
- Cultivate a mindset of **curiosity** and a **willingness to explore** unasked questions.
- Be open to **challenging assumptions, biases, and conventional wisdom**.
2. YOU Create the Safety
- Safety can’t be guaranteed, but it can be co created** alongside honest, vulnerable, and open humans.
- Diverse voices + perspectives** are welcomed and valued.
- When you **share the truth of your personal experiences, beliefs, and stories openly**; it gives permission to others to do the same.
- Respect and honor the differences** among individuals.
3. Practice Active Listening
- Actively listen to others **without overt judgment or interruption**.
- Choose **not to resist, assume, agree, or disagree** with any points that people are making.
- Give full attention to the speaker, **seeking to understand their viewpoint**; bonus points for asking dope follow up questions.
4. Embrace Humility
- Recognize that no one has all the answers; **humble yourself to the idea that knowledge is abundant and constantly evolving**.
- Acknowledge that **each person's perspective contributes to the collective understanding**.
- Be open to learning from others and be willing to change your own beliefs based on new insights.
5. Cultivate Deep Connections
- Lead with empathy, compassion, and respect.
Donation based; suggested $10!$+Service fee